In what area do you most need motivation today? You can learn the evidence-based methods for becoming more fit over the age of 50.
I’m Dane Findley and I enjoy helping others create unique solutions for improving daily quality of life.
Who is Dane Findley?
Professionally, I have a few key interests and talents:
- wellness coaching
- fitness training
- community marketing for luxury brands
- helping others invest in estate properties in year-round fair weather communities.
In my spare time, I cook simple paleo meals and read sword-and-sorcery novels.
How Dane Findley Became Fascinated by Motivation
I’m not an alpha male.
Even though in my professional life I am strong, fit and initiating, I was born essentially with the wiring of a yin-energy male.
How that manifests is, that when I encounter someone likable and loaded with potential (which happens often), I feel a peculiar urge to cook that person a healthy meal and draw them a bath.
I mean that literally and metaphorically.
My instinct is to organize a person’s home and daily lifestyle so that they experience a return of abundant physical energy and increased joy and motivation. It’s simply in my nature to be a caretaker.
Even though I like people and feel a desire to be helpful, I recognize that many first-world people are overextended and therefore I choose to set healthy boundaries.
Moving into the orbit of an overextended person is like being sucked into a black hole. Even though I’m deeply curious about people and could happily listen to them talk about themselves, the reality is that most people are not able to reciprocate that level of listening.
People don’t mean to be draining, it’s just that they’re distracted and tired – and often they don’t even realize it.
My solution to this conundrum is to curate this website and load it with actionable resources that help others to experience more authenticity and fulfillment in their daily lives.
A delightful bonus for me is that, as I continue to do research for this site, I am learning new things each week.
And as I experiment with new ways to be a better, more-present human being, I, too, get to experience some of the personal growth spurts that my readers experience. These shared adventures build a strong sense of community and motivation around this site that I enjoy deeply.
13 Facts about Dane Findley
- I am Editor of the popular (and free) Quality of Life Newsletter. Each issue features a specific happiness strategy to help bring one’s joy up to the next level.
- For decades I have been passionate about Pilates. I have a fully equipped pilates studio in my training facility.
- My partner David and I help those seeking to buy and sell lifestyle properties – high concept estate homes for those who live boldly and follow their dreams.
- I have a masters degree in counseling psychology and have published over 300 digital articles, videos and podcasts on health and motivation.
- I was born and raised in California.
- One rainy Saturday afternoon as a young boy, I happened to see a Tony Curtis movie on tv called The Rat Race – and it occurred to me for the first time that I was a “creative type.”
- I love people, yet I require enormous amounts of solitude in order to maintain my happy disposition (introverts recharge their batteries in isolation).
- Part of the time I live on an off-the-grid, tropical island farm, where I shower outdoors in rain water, and my electricity comes from the sun.
- I get asked a lot of questions about freshly made green smoothies; blenders can help people at last reach that once-elusive goal of sneaking more vegetables into their daily diet (inflammation can be radically diminished by making key nutritional improvements – to those who are signed-up for our free updates, we provide the 1-page cheat sheet “Shopping for Green Smoothie Ingredients” ).
- I wiggle my toes a lot – I’m a big believer in joy.
- Among my favorite novels of all time is Another Roadside Attraction – a quirky story that reveals how to allow happiness into your life even when you’re convinced you’ll never fully fit in.
- The most inspiring movie I’ve ever seen is a 1940s melodrama called Now, Voyager. It reveals a wounded person’s journey into empowerment.
- If you’re ready to buy or sell a home within one of the neighborhoods that rank highest in life-quality, David and I are house-matchmakers and you can reach us at 310-345-6911. (I enjoy matching a home to a person’s unique interests and lifestyle. It’s fun to assist international clients who are relocating or adding to their real estate portfolio from overseas – even as a kid I was enthralled with the idea of open-air living and dreamt about living year-round in a fair weather climate).
Would learning more about one of these topics below be beneficial to you?
- I WANT TO GET MOVING ↜ “10 Counterintuitive Ways to Become More Physically Fit”
- I WANT TO THINK BETTER ↜ “How to Get Healthy Again”
- I WANT TO EAT BETTER ↜ “How to Lose Stubborn Belly Fat After Age 50”
I created Over Fifty and Fit to help others infuse robust health into the second-half of their lifespans.
Up your motivation! Be the first to get my updates.
Sign up below for free and as a bonus you’ll also get my new downloadable report, “Best Green Smoothie Recipes.”