A daily green smoothie can help a man achieve his nutritional and fitness goals more easily.
In the Iron Man films, you can witness character Tony Stark is in his laboratory, working on his metal suit as he imbibes on a green drink.
Yes, Iron Man drinks the green stuff, too.
What is a Green Smoothie?
Over the last several years I’ve had significant, positive results by adding a freshly made green smoothie – or two – to my daily diet.
You might have heard lately people talking about “green smoothies” and wondering: what is a green smoothie?
A green smoothie is a freshly made, blended meal that you drink like a milkshake.
It’s made from mostly raw, living plant foods such as dark leafy green vegetables, nuts, seeds, and fruit.
When made correctly, the taste and texture of a green smoothie make it highly enjoyable.
More importantly, however, is that green smoothies give you a sustained, alkalinizing energy that helps you to feel more capable and youthful.
A Daily Green Smoothie Can Help You Feel 10 Years Younger
Are dark leafy greens the ultimate, natural anti-toxin?
When asked what he is drinking, in the film Tony Stark calls it “chlorophyll,” which is the green pigment found in almost all plants – so he’s just giving his particular blend of green drink a cool, nerdy name.
From a health point of view, it’s refreshing to see a comic movie hero get his life-saving powers from a green drink (as well as his metal suit).
Part of the movie’s plot involved Stark being slowly poisoned by the radioactive device that keeps his heart alive – the machine increases his blood toxicity.
In a way, all green smoothies are taking on the same fight – battling off the everyday irritants and toxins from daily environmental pollution, or processed and packaged food.
Armed with antioxidants, a daily green smoothie can be a powerful weapon in the fight against premature aging.
Chlorophyll is the Elixir of Life
It turns out, green smoothies taste a whole lot better than they look.
In fact, they can taste fantastic.
You don’t often taste the vegetables in the smoothie at all, except as accent flavors that give the drink an appetizing edge.
It’s all about the ratio of ingredients and discovering what fruits complement what vegetables, so that the fruit becomes the predominant flavor. However, the trick is to use only enough fruit to enhance flavor without overdoing fructose – the sugar-carbohydrate within fruits.
What if the best year of your life hasn’t happened yet?
I’m Dane Findley and my message is simple: it’s only in your thriving that you have anything to offer anyone – therefore, the best investment you can ever make is in your own health.
When you get my free updates you also get instant access to my bonus guide on how to better manage your time, energy, and nutrition.
- the newsletter is for free-thinking, creative types who’ve decided they want to be even healthier than they are now
- the evidence-based, actionable strategies for a better life – that I share freely – are for those intrigued by personal development
- if you are kind and curious, you will likely find this information motivating and helpful
- there’s nothing wrong with someone being rigid in their beliefs, but if that’s you, you’ll likely not enjoy my newsletter (no hard feelings – I wish you well on your journey)
- if you go more than 4 months without opening one of my email messages, you will automatically be unsubscribed
- don’t sign up for my newsletter if you are someone who’s not fascinated by human optimization and stellar health
However, if you are someone for whom improved health is becoming a top priority, then I invite you to sign up for my free updates:
Chlorophyll is found in any green vegetables, and you can make your own smoothie out of any of the following:
- swiss chard
- green cabbage
- collard greens
- basically, any vegetable that’s green.
This has been your missing ingredient: to take your life up to the next joy-level, you will need weekly inspiration. Without inspiration, your new lifestyle habits won’t stick.
How to Make a Green Smoothie
Basically, the longer you make green smoothies, the better you get at making them.
At first, you might make a few weird batches, but over time – and with a sense of adventure and humor – you’ll find that you become an expert at using your blender to make fresh green shakes that will keep your body strong and your taste buds happy.
Green Smoothies Go Mainstream for Men
It’s great to see green drinks getting attention, or at least acknowledgment, in the mainstream media.
Not many other superheroes set as good an example as Iron Man.
Sure, Superman is powered by our yellow sun and I suppose you could argue his powers come from an ample dose of vitamin D.
Popeye never claims to be a hero, he instead reminds us that “he is what he is.” He puts off fighting danger until the last minute, and then – when he really requires ultimate potency – he turns to his spinach. If he knew about green smoothies, he probably would have opted for this easier and more delicious alternative, to simply toss some greens into the blender each morning.
When people – men in particular – first hear about green smoothies, they tend to be naturally skeptical.
In my opinion, we live in an increasingly estrogenic, stressful world that can wreak havoc on a man’s metabolism, testosterone levels, and vitality.
The end result – especially for those of us men who are over age 50 – are lethargy, puffy faces, bloated midsections, and a general lack of go-get-em.
It’s an interesting time to help people become healthier because people, on average, have never been less healthy and yet they’ve never known more about health.
Brains are full of information but we’re not actually implementing it regularly. Ask anyone if they think they’re living more healthy than the average American and they will answer “yes,” but, in reality, less less than 3% of Americans are minimally healthy.see what one green smoothie each day can accomplishClick To Tweet
When I tell people about the power of freshly green smoothies, often I think they’re listening to me but they’re not hearing me. To me, it feels like I’m handing them keys to a mansion, but they don’t realize it because all they choose to see is a small piece of rusted metal.
We need to live more naturally. It is unhealthy for a man’s testosterone to get too low, so any natural methods that can help combat that – even indirectly – might be worth exploring.
Also, I am convinced (as are others) that aspects of the standard modern diet force our bodies to create subcutaneous and visceral belly fat in an attempt to “pad” our vital organs against toxic influences.
Fresh, well-made green smoothies have reduced my own waistline considerably.
The goal of having a correctly made, fresh green smoothie each day is crafted from these 7 fundamental principles:
- genetics are not always inevitable; rather, they reveal potentiality; beneficial genes can be turned on – or off – simply by following specific lifestyle protocols;
- inflammation is a primary cause of accelerated aging and disease; among the easiest ways to reduce inflammation is via key nutritional habits;
- for purposes of cellular health and DNA repair, the human body can benefit by daily consumption of up to 9 (loose) cups of vegetables a day (both cooked and raw) – a combination of leafy greens, cruciferous, and rainbow colors;
- almost everything you eat either encourages or discourages inflammation;
- cancer cells can feed on carbohydrates (particularly simple sugars) and excess protein; cancer cells appear unable to feed themselves on ketones – the caloric energy from healthy fats.
- an anti-inflammatory diet is even more about what you don’t eat than what you do eat.
- the quantity and quality of daily calories matter; most people underestimate the quantity and overestimate the quality; the ratio of macronutrients (daily grams of fat, carbs, and protein consumed) also matter.
I encourage you to get a special, quality blender and find some great green smoothie recipes – and start experimenting with creating your own super meal. Share this article with your friends on social so they know what you’re up to.
➚ If you like, you can get my free new book “5 Best Smoothie Recipes for a High-Energy Lifestyle.” I’m only giving it away free for a limited time to my newsletter subscribers, so you might want to jump on that now while it’s still good.